Saturday, November 4

Wake up! Your Mental Health is Calling

I woke up this morning at 5:40am.
This is decidedly odd for me as anyone who knows me can attest.

I was having a dream about being in a movie theater-like aquarium with a man whom I don't know, and a couple of Asian kids, who I also don't know. I'll save you the horrible details of the rest of the dream and segue into this...

Why do dreams turn bad? I was having a happy almost gleeful dream about a most wonderful aquarium experience then I started to get the feeling that we were in a maze and were going to become the brain-powered generators of vastly unfathomable computer power.
I know, I know. It's sorta' Matrix-like, but I couldn't help it. I was dreaming. Then I was beginning to nightmare (is that a phrase). But why?
I woke up before the dream got really crazy and felt like I was a kind of Stephen King or something. I had unleashed a mental power of deviousness previously unknown to me. And I began to welcome the darkness of my room, the silence of the early morning hour and the morose thought of a room of headstones in the lowest floor of a movie theater-like aquarium; all the way down to the blind ushers.

Why do things happen this way? Couldn't I have had a happy dream and woken up in a different state of mind? Why? Why? Why?

But perhaps I woke up to save myself the anguish, horror and mental distaste of unnecessary trauma. Yeah. I'm sticking with that. I woke up to save myself, that man I don't know and the two Asian kids that I also don't know. Go me! A bloody hero of the mind...

1 comment:

Oblio70 said...

and for those of us who know of dreams only in the waking hours? Are we lost or tethered to this mortal coil? who is to say? I did once dream of lolling in a vast and suppulant swimming pool, hoisting a martini glass of clear yet opalescent diamonds. I discussed the weather with my sisnificant other, when lo an behold I spilled the contents into the depths below. Bot below was not mere concrete smoothed over. Below was a festoon of boulders yet 3-4 fathoms down. "fear not" said my love, " there will be others" to asuage my panic and urgency. I aquiesced.

The Latest Video Game News from 1UP

Total Video Games News Feed

Penny-Arcade

PS3 Fanboy

Kotaku: PS3

Xbox 360 Fanboy

Nintendo.com - Latest News

Anime News Network

Hack a Day