Monday, June 6


Turning Japanese? Or just reading about it?

You know, I really have been enjoying the great blogs online that are about Japan or japanese culture. I cannot really say why. Is it because I am a Japanophile or whatever the official phrase is? Gaijin or something? Probably. Maybe I need to get outside more and experience a little more myself? Who knows??

Anyway, it seems that the folks writing those Japan blogs are mostly visiting Americans or at least westerners. The point is that they seem to be having a good time sharing their experiences with the world. That's what I think is so interesting. Most blogs I find, no matter the country, are kinda about things that are going on in the political or commercial sphere of civilization. Even the few art blogs I have found have been politcal or just thinly veiled business oriented art galleries. Geek blogs are even more narrow in focus, but this is expected considering the group.

So, what the hell am I getting at? Get out there and have a great time in the world.. I need some more great American blogs to read. That is all-



1 comment:

sarah said...

I prefer "Nihongophile." It rolls off the tongue better.

The Latest Video Game News from 1UP

Total Video Games News Feed

Penny-Arcade

PS3 Fanboy

Kotaku: PS3

Xbox 360 Fanboy

Nintendo.com - Latest News

Anime News Network

Hack a Day